2 cup Sella Rice (soaked for 2 to 3 hours), 1 ½ cup Sugar, 6 to 8 Pistachio (chopped), 6 to 8 Almond (chopped), Few Ashrafis (candy fruit) murabba, 3 Cloves, Oil or Ghee, 4 to 6 Green cardamoms (Choti Ilaichi)
1. Boil water then put rice in the boiling water and boil for 15 minutes. Add 2 to 3 cloves and cook for 5 to 8 mins.
2. Now take a big bowl or dish and put boiled rice, milk, food colour, sugar,dry fruits and ashrafies (murabba) and mix it well.
3. In a pan, put ghee and fry cloves and cardamom, when they turn brown and an aroma starts to come, add rice and mix it well and then put on dim for 5 min on high heat. Then put it on slow heat and then serve.
3 tbsp butter, 2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) , 1 1/2 tbsp red chili-garlic paste, 1/4 cup finely chopped onions, 1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum, 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes; 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi); salt to taste, 1 tsp chili powder, 2 tsp pau bhaji masala, 2 1/2 cups cooked rice (chawal), 1/2 cup boiled green peas.
1. To make Tava pulao, heat the butter on a large tava (griddle) and add the cumin seeds.
2. When the seeds crackle, add the chili-garlic paste, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. And the onions, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the capsicum, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, mix well and again cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Preferably use a potato masher to mash the vegetables lightly.
6. Add the turmeric powder, salt, chili powder, pay bhaji masala, and 1/4 cup of water, mix well, and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
7. Add the rice and green peas, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
8. Serve the Tava pulao immediately garnished with coriander.
1 cup boiled basmati rice,
1/2 teaspoon mint leaves,
salt as required,
2 tablespoon refined oil,
3 green cardamom,
1 teaspoon turmeric,
1 tablespoon garlic paste,
1 cup hung curd,
2 tablespoon coriander leaves,
water as required,
1 tablespoon ghee,
600 gm chicken
1 tablespoon garam masala powder,
1 teaspoon saffron,
1 tablespoon bay leaf,
1 black cardamom,
1 teaspoon cumin seeds,
4 green chillies,
1 tablespoon ginger paste,
1 teaspoon red chilli powder,
1/2 tablespoon ginger,
2 drops kewra,
1 tablespoon rose water .
1 Prepare saffron and kewra water
To make this delightful biryani, soak saffron in water to prepare saffron water. Next, mix kewra drops in water and mix well to make kewra water.
2 Saute onions and tomatoes for 2-3 minutes
In the meanwhile, heat refined oil in a deep bottomed pan. Once the oil is hot enough. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves in it, and saute for about a minute. Then, add chopped onion in it and saute until pink. Now, add chicken into it with slit green chillies, turmeric, salt to taste, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, and green chilli paste. Mix well all the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then, add hung curd into it
3 Cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes
Turn the flame to medium again and add garam masala in it along with ginger julienned, coriander and mint leaves. Add kewra water, rose water and saffron water in it. Cook till the chicken is tender.
4 Serve hot with your favourite chutney or raita
Then add 1 cup cooked rice and spread evenly. Then add saffron water and pour ghee over it. Cook for 15-20 minutes with closed lid and garnish with 1 tbsp fried onions and coriander leaves. Serve hot.